Reflexology is the application of pressure to areas on the feet, hands and ears. This type of treatment is generally relaxing and may be an effective way to alleviate stress. Foot reflexology is a “pressure therapy” that involves applying focused pressure to certain known reflex points located in the foot to cure or prevent disease.
Several studies funded by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health indicate that reflexology may reduce pain and psychological symptoms, such as anxiety and depression, and enhance relaxation and sleep. Studies also show that this kind of massage may have benefits in palliative care of people with cancer.
Benefits of foot reflexology
- Induces a state of deep relaxation
- Increases circulation, improving blood flow throughout the body
- Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
- Stimulates the central nervous system
- Stimulates energy work throughout the body
- Balances the whole system thus revitalising the body’s natural energy flow
Appointment Types and Prices
60 mins – £45
(inc foot & leg massage to finish)